With over a billion users till date, Android’s Play Store serves as a multi-purpose hub, with a wide array to million of applications, games, movies and books. It is with no doubt that the average smartphone consumer has increased his utility toward an Android device. The Google Play Store, and Apple App Store, both have increased the amount of productivity in the user’s life, and have astonishingly eased it a ton. The applications available for both the app stores don’t only add up to your tasks, or productivity, but also provide a source of entertainment. The word ‘gaming’ has evolved much in the recent past. It is with no doubt that the amount of games for Android and iOS devices has increased so much, that the user has an amount of confusion on which game to play first! Whatever might be the reason, mobile gaming might also get a little frustrating and might cause eye-strain due to its small size. This is where desktop gaming comes in, but did you know you could emulate an Android or iOS game over your Windows or Mac PC?
Basically all the applications available for the Apple App Store are also available on Android’s Play Store. It is with utmost certainty that the need to emulate the same gaming experience on a bigger screen such as the desktop of your’s, is a pleasant experience. This is done with the availability of emulators. There are so many Android virtual emulators, that it gets hard to select the one with top-notch features and ease of use. Over the past few years, one of the most used emulator to run apps on a PC (Windows and Mac) has been the BlueStacks app. It doesn’t only allow you to run any application on your PC, but it also provides as an enlarged screen of an Android device. It acts as an independent device, and hence, you can no longer worry about its management and storage issues. BlueStacks installs on a Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10 and on Mac OS X for a Macbook or an iMac. In this comprehensive yet eased-out guide, we’ll be having a look on how you can install BlueStacks on your PC or Mac, and also how to run apps for PC via BlueStacks on Windows and Mac. Let’s begin.
Install BlueStacks on Windows / Mac (First Time Installation)
- With a working internet connection, and the installer file for BlueStacks, you’re pretty much ready to install the real deal. You can grab BlueStacks installer file for Windows as well as for Mac by clicking here.
- After the download is done, double-click to run the setup file. You will now come across some basic recommended settings to setup the best BlueStack experience for you. Just go through the on-screen instructions, and once done, you’re good to go
- Now, allow BlueStacks some time to download required app and game data onto your PC or Mac.
- After a while, you will be able to have a visual on the BlueStacks home screen, pretty much similar to that of Android. It is divided into the following components :
- – The first row contains your recently used applications, and it also contains the ‘search’ button.
- – Next up, BlueStacks recommends you some of the latest top applications trending on the Google Play Store.
- – Lastly, this section contains some featured application belonging to one specific category.
- Our interest is with the’All Apps’ button in the very first row. Once you click on it, browse and select BlueStacks Settings application. Hop into Settings > Manage Accounts > Google. Here is where you will setup your Google Play Store account.
- The rest of the procedure is just that of an Android device. You can either use an existing account, or create a new one. Once you’ve gone through all the steps perfectly fine, then you should have access to the Google Play Store, and its wide array of applications.
- Now, head over to the BlueStacks homepage, and click to launch the Google Play Store. This is where you will enable App Sync, which allows you to seamlessly download and enjoy apps and games.
That’s it. You’ve successfully installed BlueStacks app player on your Windows or Mac PC! You’re just one step away from installing an actual application on your BlueStacks app player.
How To Install APK File On BlueStacks
If you’re wondering on how you can install an APK file on your BlueStacks application, then follow the simple guide below.
- Ensure that you have BlueStacks application all setup using our guide from above.
- Download the APK file you desire from the internet, but make sure you verify that it is from a trusted source.
- Once downloaded, double-click to run the APK file, which will trigger the BlueStacks installation window. Just install the APK file as a normal application, and give it some time.
- Once installed, you can access your installed APK file in the ‘All Apps’ section of BlueStacks.
So, how’d our detailed and comprehensive guide help you to install BlueStacks on Windows / Mac, and make the most out of the games available on the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store. If you have any queries, do refer us in the comments below. Stay tuned for more such easy-to-follow guides, and more apps for your PC and Mac!